Gas leak reported at emergency pet hospital in Fort Myers
FORT MYERS, Fla. – Firefighters responded to a reported gas leak at a local emergency pet hospital in Fort Myers on Saturday.
South Trail and Fort Myers fire crews responded at 1:22 p.m. to BluePearl Emergency Pet Hospital, located at 9500 Marketplace Road.
The building was evacuated by crews on scene, South Trail firefighters confirmed. The leak was determined to be Ethylene Oxide, which is commonly used in the sterilization of medical equipment.
The piece of equipment that started leaking was found and removed from the building as crews ventilated, according to Fort Myers fire. A Special Operations crew didn’t detect any signs of the organic compound.
No one that was inside the building was in need of treatment, according to South Trail fire crews.
The post Gas leak reported at emergency pet hospital in Fort Myers appeared first on NBC2 News.