Pickleball Championships back in SWFL after COVID-19 cancellations
NAPLES, Fla. – The atmosphere was electric Saturday at the Margaritaville Party in the Park for the 5th Annual Minto US Open Pickleball Championships.
“Everybody missed it last year,” Co-Founder Chris Evon said. “This is like on their pickleball bucket list so just to get this started again has been fun.”
With more than 2,200 competitors and 13,000 spectators anticipated this week, pros and amateur players were glad to be back doing what they love.
Especially after the popular event was canceled last year due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
“Pickleball started in Washington, and we play a lot there but nothing of this magnitude this place is amazing,” said amateur player Jay Smith.
Beginning Sunday at 8 a.m., you can bring the family out to watch the pros and amateurs play for free, while also enjoying other exciting activities!
The post Pickleball Championships back in SWFL after COVID-19 cancellations appeared first on NBC2 News.